Friday 14 February 2014

Audience Feedback on mock Magazine Advertisement

Questionnaire


I conducted a short questionnaire on 30 members of the target audience, both male and female (including classmates) I did this in order to find out their thoughts on the first draft of the magazine advertisement so any improvements to be made could be highlighted and so the final product met their needs and wants. There are 6 questions each targeting different aspects such as text positioning, colour schemes, and image.  I also included a section for them to write three improvements. These were the results: 

Results from Questions 1-3
Results from Questions 4-5

Question One: It was fairly equal between those who did and did not like the placement of the text. This indicates to me that people have a range of opinions and therefore when it comes to the final piece if I chose to change the positioning of the text, this would probably work in my favour. However, as close to half of the audience liked the position, it is not essential.

Question Two: The black and white colour scheme was favoured by the audience therefore this is the style I will continue to use into the final piece

Question Three: A large number of the target audience members questioned said they felt the tour advertisement was lacking important information. I asked them to write down anything they thought was lacking and this proved in all cases to be information of where to find the artist online, on social media etc. and so this is something I will incorporate into the final design

Question Four: The audience members favoured her to be positioned at the side of the page. Therefore, I will ensure I capture images in the photo shoot that can be used both central, and to one side and see which I prefer.

Question Five: Is the advert eye catching enough? was an important question because magazine adverts are fiercely competitive and easily missed. I think I therefore need to edit the final image in a way that is striking and captivating, and catches the audience's attention overall.

Question Six: Question six could not be analysed by written feedback, instead the audience members had the option of writing down up to three improvements and these were the results:
  • 27 people said the quality of the image was not good enough
  • 11 said they would like use of more props, or creative clothing
  • 21 said they would like social networking information
  • 5 said they wanted a more striking pose
  • 4 said bolder text to be used 
  • 22 said there needed to be better lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment